× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest Firmware?

tajkkj
Aspirant

Latest Firmware?

Hello, I just received an e-mail from Netgear stating that my WNR2000v4 router needed a firmware update. When I attempted to get the latest update, I discovered I already had it installed. Looking at the date on the release notes, I probably installed it several months ago. So, this begs the question: why am I just now getting this e-mail notification? Is there a later version than V1.0.0.66? This is the latest version on the Netgear website. This is the version I'd installed months ago. Is there a later version that has not been uploaded to the web site yet?

Thanks,

Tim

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
tajkkj
Aspirant

Re: Latest Firmware?

Thanks, Elaine. That's the information I was looking for.

I don't understand why Netgear sent out the notice the other day if there was no new firemware release. The note, dated 6/21, explicitly stated that a new release was available:

"Important Security Update from NETGEAR:
New Firmware Is Available for Your Product

Our records indicate that you own the following product: WNR2000v4. NETGEAR is aware of one or more security vulnerabilities affecting your NETGEAR product. NETGEAR has released firmware fixes for one or more vulnerabilities affecting your WNR2000v4."

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @tajkkj

We would like to inform all registered users to have their routers get the latest firmware version available.

Message 2 of 6
tajkkj
Aspirant

Thank you Elaine. So is V1.0.0.66 the latest (now at least 5 months old), or is there a newer one that yesterday's Netgear e-mail to me seems to indicate?

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There's no updated firmware than that.

That's the very latest firmware for that model version. 

Message 4 of 6
tajkkj
Aspirant

Thanks, Elaine. That's the information I was looking for.

I don't understand why Netgear sent out the notice the other day if there was no new firemware release. The note, dated 6/21, explicitly stated that a new release was available:

"Important Security Update from NETGEAR:
New Firmware Is Available for Your Product

Our records indicate that you own the following product: WNR2000v4. NETGEAR is aware of one or more security vulnerabilities affecting your NETGEAR product. NETGEAR has released firmware fixes for one or more vulnerabilities affecting your WNR2000v4."

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome.

Have a great day!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation