× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Length of time for firmware download

Candybecker
Aspirant

Length of time for firmware download

Received email to update firmware for my WNR2000v5 router Version 1.0.0.42.  Did this from my computer as instructed. Finally got to where I needed to be and put in the download and it just keeps going....has been 1-1/2 hours.  It says not to interrupt so afraid to do anything.  All lights are green not the router.  What do I do?

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Candybecker
Aspirant

Re: Length of time for firmware download

I finally just clicked on things and it brought up the info.  I was able to see the current firmware version was correct and everything seemed to be working, so not sure why it just kept showing it was uploading.  I've had some connection issues with cable today so it may have been the problem.  But all seems to be functioning correctly now

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
William10a
Master

@Candybecker wrote:

Received email to update firmware for my WNR2000v5 router Version 1.0.0.42.  Did this from my computer as instructed. Finally got to where I needed to be and put in the download and it just keeps going....has been 1-1/2 hours.  It says not to interrupt so afraid to do anything.  All lights are green not the router.  What do I do?

No a hour and a half is not normal maybe 5 to 20 minutes or just a little longer depanding your internet speed and how fast the gpu is in the router and your network but no hour and half.

How did it turn out does the router work I saw were you said the lights were all green but it sounds like you have a problem with your router?

Message 2 of 7
Candybecker
Aspirant

I finally just clicked on things and it brought up the info.  I was able to see the current firmware version was correct and everything seemed to be working, so not sure why it just kept showing it was uploading.  I've had some connection issues with cable today so it may have been the problem.  But all seems to be functioning correctly now

Message 3 of 7
William10a
Master

Glad to hear wish nothing but good luck.

Message 4 of 7
chazylake1572
Aspirant

Re: firmware download

I am having trouble just getting the zip file to download. Is there some kind of trick? I have downloaded it to desktop, but when i try to open it or unzip it... nothing happens. It seems to want to put it to the burn drive , then it tells me the selected disc image file isn't valid. 

i've tried to do it from the router page and it gives me a MD5 verify error. 

getting aggravated! I connected my laptop straight to the server, so i'm not interrupting the wifi router. 

any suggestions? 

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

@chazylake1572 wrote:

I am having trouble just getting the zip file to download. Is there some kind of trick? I have downloaded it to desktop, but when i try to open it or unzip it... nothing happens. It seems to want to put it to the burn drive , then it tells me the selected disc image file isn't valid. 

i've tried to do it from the router page and it gives me a MD5 verify error. 

getting aggravated! I connected my laptop straight to the server, so i'm not interrupting the wifi router. 

any suggestions? 

Normally a program like winzip or any others of the many on the web are need to unzip the file you downloaded and will leave you the firmware file ready to use where every you tell the program to save it. I like to save to temp folder .

Message 6 of 7

@William10a wrote:

Normally a program like winzip or any others of the many on the web are need to unzip the file you downloaded and will leave you the firmware file ready to use where every you tell the program to save it. I like to save to temp folder .

All operating systems built in the 21st century have native support for zip files.

For example:

>>>> Compress and uncompress files (zip files) - Windows Help <<<<

There is no need for an extra utility. Just double click the file and see what happens. If you can't unzip it, then you may have a broken file. Go get it again.

Why do you want to burn it to a disk? It is a tiny file that you can access from your PC. After it is applied, file it away with all your older versions, just in case you need to revert.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7