Aspirant

Lost connection?

Hello, new community member here.
I’ve just lost WiFi connection.
There are three green lights showing:
Power
Internet
DSL

I’ve pressed the WPS and WiFi buttons a few times to see if that changes anything, maybe I shouldn’t have done that!

Any ideas please?
Is there a self-test procedure to check for any hardware failure - I’ve had nearly 3 trouble-free years of use.

Thanks, Peter
Model: DGN2200Bv4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Lost connection?

Did you try a factory reset of the modem?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you try a factory reset of the modem?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Getnetgear
Aspirant

Darren, many thanks for your interest and suggestion.

Yes, I did a reset and that helped I think.

It seems to be fixed now, I'm very pleased to say.

I'd even bought a new NETGEAR D6000 router from Currys just in case mine had failed after 3 years - in the event of course it didn't so I returned the new router without any problems.

The basic problem was that it took 3 PlusNet "advisers" nearly 3 days to realise that they had given me the wrong "address" namely "192.168.1.1" to type in the browser bar and that I was not typing in the correct PlusNet username and password.

I can't remember exactly, but when we connected my laptop pc by ethernet to the router and eventually typed in "192.168.0.1" to connect to the Netgear app NETGEAR genie,  I had to enter User name "Admin" and Password "password"

My "Wireless" green light was on before I did this, but no "Internet" light of course.

I then clicked the "Internet" tab in the left hand side of the screen then entered the Plusnet (?) Login of "psw ....@plusdsl.net" and then a Password of  aaaaaaaa (not real for security reasons 🙂 )

That seemed to do it.

I hope that all makes sense and may be of some help to others.

I'm annoyed that the router crashed on Tuesday night through no fault of my own - a PlusNet or BT problem?

Anyway, because I was without a connection for nearly 3 days, they said they would give me a free months broadband.

I've yet to get this in writing from them, so watch this space .....

Anyway, it won't stop me from changing ISP when my contract comes to an end in January.

Thanks again,   Peter

Model: DGN2200Bv4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7