× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My WNDR4500v3 wireless disabled.

jandya33
Aspirant

My WNDR4500v3 wireless disabled.

The router's wireless stopped working and when I scanned for the SSID on my wireless devices (Smart phone and Smart TV) the SSID does not show on the list of found wireless networks. I have power cycled the unit several time but to no avail. Do I need to locate my DVD or what to get in contact with the router? Do a factory reset and start all over again? Or toss it on my growing heap of failed routers and go buy a new one? Again? Thanks in advance. I'm kind of annoyed Netgear won't answer my question.
Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
jandya33
Aspirant

Re: My WNDR4500v3 wireless disabled.

I don't know why. The router is plugged into a surge protected powerstrip and we have not had a power failure for at least a year now. My Netgear range extender should still be working.

I offered to send Netgear this router for an autopsy ( or should it be necropsy? ) and I'm waiting to hear back. I spent the last ten years debugging firmware for a living so I know having broken hardware at hand makes finding the problems a lot easier. It may help some other poor soul to avoid the same problem.

The local Best Buy has a few wifi routers. I wish we had a Fry's store in Idaho. Whenever I got down to LaLa land I used to wander around that store till my credit card cried UNCLE.

Might also look into this 4K TV thing while at BB. I already know we will not be getting any curved screens.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
jandya33
Aspirant

I would also add thet the WIFI On Off button does nothing.

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

try a factory default reset.....same problem.... add it to your heap

Message 3 of 7
jandya33
Aspirant

No  soap. Factory default reset failed to fix anything. This is the 5th wireless router to fail on me. When the wife gets home we will go shopping for number 6.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You might think about buying a small UPS too.

Message 5 of 7
jandya33
Aspirant

I don't know why. The router is plugged into a surge protected powerstrip and we have not had a power failure for at least a year now. My Netgear range extender should still be working.

I offered to send Netgear this router for an autopsy ( or should it be necropsy? ) and I'm waiting to hear back. I spent the last ten years debugging firmware for a living so I know having broken hardware at hand makes finding the problems a lot easier. It may help some other poor soul to avoid the same problem.

The local Best Buy has a few wifi routers. I wish we had a Fry's store in Idaho. Whenever I got down to LaLa land I used to wander around that store till my credit card cried UNCLE.

Might also look into this 4K TV thing while at BB. I already know we will not be getting any curved screens.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jandya33 Feel free to contact support for your RMA.

How can I get a Return Material Authorization?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7