Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WIFI slow

bianconeri
Aspirant

N300 WIFI slow

I have a Netgear N300 WIFI Cable Modem Router (Model No. C3000) with a 75Mbit internet speed from Xfinity. When wired, I reach speeds in the range between 90~100Mbit but when I am connected to the WIFI network I only reach speeds between 20~25Mbit. Speed tests have been performed on speedtest.net and on the Xfinity speed test website. Please note that I have disconnected any other devices from the network, have no other devices that may interrupt the signal and performed the speed tests on WIFI with a 6 foot distance from the modem/router.

I have contacted Xfinity twice and they ran me through some troubleshooting but to no avail. I tried factory resetting the modem but the problem persists. Browsing through the forums I saw people with similar issues who sometimes may and sometimes may not have been resolved. I tried turning off WMM, tried different channels and adjusting the CTS/RTS Tresholds but it does not produce any results.

I ran out of options and finally decided to post my issue on the forums. Thank you in advance for any suggestions and I will continually check the site for any solutions.

Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: N300 WIFI slow

If you want faster Wifi you'll have to replace it with something better assuming your clients are capable of faster connections.

Use WPA2

WMM should be enabled

Message 2 of 3
bianconeri
Aspirant

Re: N300 WIFI slow

Great, so WIFI speed of 300 Mbit on the packaging of the product is just false advertisement?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7