× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 C3400 wndr3400v2 Wifi Speeds Slow

tymyphotos
Follower

N600 C3400 wndr3400v2 Wifi Speeds Slow

Unfortunately, after reading so many threads on this model, I'm not sure there is a fix. 

I recently upgraded my comcast internet to Blast!. Unfortunately with this router I'm not seeing an increase in speeds via wifi. I've tried everyting I've read in the threads on this issue but still I'm not getting any speeds above 30mbps even though I'm paying for speeds 4x that much. Can anyone help me? 

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ralleman87
Aspirant

Re: N600 C3400 wndr3400v2 Wifi Speeds Slow

You were right. Bought an AC router and speeds are correct. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @tymyphotos

First off, to which device you are connected? Are both wireless signals turned on, on the cable gateway and router?

Secondly, what's the wireless adapter used?

Wired connection speed will always be different from the wireless speed.

Improving 2.4Ghz Wireless Performance by Changing Channel

Message 2 of 8
opravin
Aspirant

I do have same issue with N600 WNDR3700 v2.

Ofcourse my wifi is turned on , but get only 10-20mbps while on wired , I get 110+ mbps

Message 3 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@opravin Just to be clear, what's the speed you're getting when you are directly connected with wired? 

What's the expected speed you paid for? 

Is the issue only on wireless connection? 

What's the wireless device? What's the wireless adapter used? 

Message 4 of 8
ralleman87
Aspirant

Hey @ElaineM I am having the same issues. I get (and expect) 90 mbps hard wired, but I am only getting 20 mbps on wifi using xfinity sped test. I am using a 2013 macbook pro that has 802.11ac wireless networking. I have tried firmware update, factory reset, and switching channels on 2.4GHz. I am getting 20mbps on both 2.4 and 5GHz. 

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Rick

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 5 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ralleman87 Did you try changing the channels? Has it been like that since you had the router? Wireless speed is incomparable with wired connection.

The wireless will never reach the same speed as the wired connection. You will have to consider a lot of factors when it comes to wireless.

20Mbps could be really the speed for your network. Your adapter is AC on Mac while the router is N. I'm not saying that it's incompatible but these 2 wireless standards are different and could be the reason why you're getting that result. When it comes to wireless, it would always be better if you have the same wireless standards on all your devices for you to take advantage of the advertised speed.

Like if you're running AC on your wireless computer then it would be best to get an AC router.

Message 6 of 8
ralleman87
Aspirant

You were right. Bought an AC router and speeds are correct. Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome! What model did you end up getting?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7