× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear WNR2000v3 wifi connection failure

jensixstones
Aspirant

Netgear WNR2000v3 wifi connection failure

Netgear WNR2000v3 Router Firmware Version V1.1.2.18

I'm having trouble connecting a Kindle to my parent's wifi. I don't think it's an issue with the Kindle because it connected to my wifi, and several others, just fine.

Wireless Settings: Enable SSID Broadcast, Name specified, Region is North America, Channel is Auto*, Mode is Up to 300 Mbps. (*I did test each channel but that didn't seem to matter.)

Security Options is WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES].

My Android phone connects to the wifi but the Kindle won't and neither will my iPad. All of the devices can see the SSID name and indicates there is Excellent signal strength but the connection fails. I've verified passwords so there is no issue there. I thought maybe there was a frequency issue but the other networks in their neighborhood are either on a different channel or of low strength. We even took the precaution of disconnecting and removing the batteries on their wireless home phones. All devices on the network or those trying to connect have been shutdown/wait for so many seconds/turned back on.

How do I get the Kindle connected? Help please!

Model: WNR2000v3|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jensixstones
Aspirant

Re: Netgear WNR2000v3 wifi connection failure

Thank you ElaineM. I set the router to open, no password required, and that didn't work. I decided to go buy a variety of wifi routers and found one that works. I'm currently replying to this thread from a wifi connected device.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @jensixstones

Try to disable any wireless encryption and connect to the wireless network.

If you were able to connect I suggest that you try to enable WPA2-PSK [AES] and see if you will be able to connect.

Message 2 of 4
jensixstones
Aspirant

Thank you ElaineM. I set the router to open, no password required, and that didn't work. I decided to go buy a variety of wifi routers and found one that works. I'm currently replying to this thread from a wifi connected device.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update.

Enjoy!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos