× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Opening NAT types

Xgharetx
Aspirant

Opening NAT types

I am not very good at electronicstormy and such. But I recently had to buy a new router and got the WNR2000V5. Set it up and it worked great, only issue is that now my game console, Playstation 4, is running on a strict nat type and I can barely use the console. I've looked up ways but everything is about port forwarding and DMZ. I've tried contacting my ISP, but they said there is nothing they can do. And that I need to contact the makers of the router. I hope someone can help mearth out.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Opening NAT types

@Xgharetx wrote:
I believe this is the same one.

http://www.zyxel.com/us/en/products_services/p_660r_compact_series.shtml?t=p

That clearly states that it's a modem router.  So, the problem is that the Zyxel is blocking the ports from being opened.  You either need to put it into bridge mode, if at all possible.  Or, alternatively, you need to put the WNR2000 into AP Mode (via ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP).

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

Access WNR2000v5 UI -- Advanced --> Setup ---> WAN Setup ---> NAT Filtering (set it to OPEN).

Message 2 of 8
Xgharetx
Aspirant

I just tried that, and rebooted my router. I still have NAT type 3 (strict).
Message 3 of 8
Xgharetx
Aspirant

Crappie, I forgot to mention that I'm connected by a lan cable
Message 4 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Enable UPnP in ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > UPnP.  Reboot router and console.

BTW, does your ISP modem have a built-in router?

Message 5 of 8
Xgharetx
Aspirant

UPnP is already turned on. Along with the NAT filtering being open. But I still have a type 3. And no the modem is a zyxel modem. And the netgear router is separate.
Message 6 of 8
Xgharetx
Aspirant

Message 7 of 8
TheEther
Guru

@Xgharetx wrote:
I believe this is the same one.

http://www.zyxel.com/us/en/products_services/p_660r_compact_series.shtml?t=p

That clearly states that it's a modem router.  So, the problem is that the Zyxel is blocking the ports from being opened.  You either need to put it into bridge mode, if at all possible.  Or, alternatively, you need to put the WNR2000 into AP Mode (via ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP).

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7