× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router will broadcast SSID, but will not connect to the internet.

bmw2182
Aspirant

Router will broadcast SSID, but will not connect to the internet.

I have a router that will broadcast the SSID, but will not allow me to connect.  I have tried resetting it to the factory defaults and tried downloading/installing the latest firmware (V1.0.0.66).   When I plug the ethernet cord from my modem to the internet port on the router, it says the ethernet cord is not plugged in. I have tried another cord the same thing.  I am able to login into the router as well. I know my modem works fine as I can get internet if I plug directly into that.  Can this be saved or is it garbage now?

This particular router has a lifetime warranty - I do have the original box and the receipt.  When I contacted support they told  me it would cost me $139 if it wasn't a hardware issue. What good is a lifetime warranty if you have to possible pay?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bmw2182
Aspirant

Re: Router will broadcast SSID, but will not connect to the internet.

Thank you very much! 

it was a hardware issue and they will replace it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @bmw2182

Is there an Internet light when you plugged the cable to the internet port? 

Try to hard reset the router by following the steps below. 

1. With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on the back of unit for 30seconds.

2. Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds.

3. Power on the unit while STILL pushing the reset button and count for another 30 seconds before letting it go. 

If it still doesn't work, you may contact support and tell them to do a free hardware check on your unit to get it replaced since it has a lifetime warranty. 

You may also follow the steps here for the hardware check. 

Message 2 of 4
bmw2182
Aspirant

Thank you very much! 

it was a hardware issue and they will replace it.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome and thank you for the update. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7