× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400 Blinking Power (Green)

stomptoblock
Aspirant

WNDR3400 Blinking Power (Green)

Hello,

My WNDR3400's power led is blinking green, if I connect ethernet to my laptop directly into the router, the number 1 lights up. Same goes for internet. This happened after a firmware upgrade, and now I can't log into the router. Please help.

Model: WNDR3400|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
stomptoblock
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400 Blinking Power (Green)

Hi,

Thankyou for the suggestion. I fixed it last night using this toturial https://kb.netgear.com/19841/Reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-CD-recovery-tool

once again, Thanks

View solution in original post

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

First try to do a hard reset, press the pinhole for 30 seconds. If that doesn't help it out I think you'll have to try debricking the router. I think the firmware upgrade got corrupt when updating for some reason. If you know how to ping your router with the command prompt just wirte ipconfig and see if it gives a response. Also, to debrick the router you'll need to download a program called tftp2.exe and use that along with the firmware bin that you tried earlier and load it with tftp to the router. Watch a few videos on youtube called "how to debrick a router" and follow those steps and it might make it work again. I've done this before so sometimes it works.

Message 2 of 3
stomptoblock
Aspirant

Hi,

Thankyou for the suggestion. I fixed it last night using this toturial https://kb.netgear.com/19841/Reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-CD-recovery-tool

once again, Thanks

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7