× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400V2 keep dropping connection to wireless devices

Vic73
Aspirant

WNDR3400V2 keep dropping connection to wireless devices

Hello all,

I have had my Netgear WNDR3400V2 for over 2 years and it has worked flawlessly up until this latest firmware update. It's now dropping all wireless connections every couple of minutes however wired connections remain solid. I dont believe this is a traffic issue because im the only router using current channel in this vasinity and my signal strength is excellent. Plus it has always worked before.

I recently flashed it from v1.0.0.52 to v1.0.0.54_1.0.82 and that's when the issues started.

Can I flash it back to the old firmware; Do I need to reset it 1st? I don't want to brick my router.

Please let my know the best way to resolve this issue.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Vic73
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400V2 keep dropping connection to wireless devices

Hello wcalifas831, I've reset my router instead of rolling back to the previous firmware and it seems to have done the trick. Should my router start dropping connections to my wireless devices I will sure to do the above mentioned method. Thanks for the prompt response.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

hi there, you should be able to revert back to the older firmware. Go to the netgear website and download section and find the firmware you had before. If it doesn't allow you through the manual update section on the router you can try doing it using tftp method. Let us know if you need help in doing that.

Message 2 of 3
Vic73
Aspirant

Hello wcalifas831, I've reset my router instead of rolling back to the previous firmware and it seems to have done the trick. Should my router start dropping connections to my wireless devices I will sure to do the above mentioned method. Thanks for the prompt response.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7