Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400v3 genie shows device that was replaced a month ago as still connected, but browser doesn't.

Tech26687
Aspirant

WNDR3400v3 genie shows device that was replaced a month ago as still connected, but browser doesn't.

Hello,

I have a WNDR3400v3 (firmware v1.0.1.14). The Genie application shows a network device (WNDA3100v2) that was replaced a month ago as still being connected as well as the replacement (Panda PAU07). Example: browser (login from either machine) shows two devices connected - Windows 10 PC (WNDA3100v3) and Linux PC (Panda PAU07). On the Windows 10 PC, the Genie app shows both of those plus the WNDA3100v2 (used to be plugged into Linux PC when it was running Windows 7) that isn't even plugged in. I'm using address reservations and replaced the MAC from the WNDA3100v2 with the MAC from the 'new' Panda. Perhaps I need to remove and replace the Genie app, since it seems to 'remember' and see something that the router doesn't?

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3400v3 genie shows device that was replaced a month ago as still connected, but browser d...

Welcome to the community, @Tech26687

Did you try to uninstall/reinstall the Genie app?

Message 2 of 3
Tech26687
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400v3 genie shows device that was replaced a month ago as still connected, but browser d...

Hi Elaine,

Actually, yes, I've re-installed Genie, then uninstalled, downloaded again on 10/6/17 and re-installed... then a third time, I uninstalled, downloaded on 10/17/17 and re-installed. Each time it continues to show the device as connected although the device isn't plugged in anywhere and  the browser session does not show it. I was using Genie to monitor my network connections (Netowrk Map) since the browser session times out and I have to keep logging in (and the router drops the Internet connection about every two weeks - can't login via browser and can only cycle power).

I have now removed Genie because it seems to continuosly run at 10-15% of CPU {and Startup shows it has 15 processes at startup - 6 cmd and 6 other (don't remember the process name) as well as Tray and 2 others processes that 'look' right}. Since Microsoft also has processes that run at 10-15% when idle and there is a network connection, I've reverted to turning wifi off (disable adapter) when not needing network connectivity rather than have my CPU 'idle' at 20-30% and 30 degrees warmer.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7