× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700*100NAS & Fiber optics

helpmom
Aspirant

WNDR3700*100NAS & Fiber optics

I've got an WNDR3700-100NAS model and I can't find any info for it on this forum. It hasn't been used in years and was recently connected to a fiber optic internet system. I couldn't remember the old password so the installation tech did a factory reset and entered new information. I'm guessing there was a typo in the new password because nothing wireless can connect to it. I'm using it hardwired right now to so this. I don't know if trying to reset it again will solve the problem or not. Before I get to involved with it I wanted to find out if this model is even compatable with the newer fiber optic systems that phone companies are now using. I don't want to waste my time if I just have to replace it anyway. If its not compatable, can I get some suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement? Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: WNDR3700*100NAS & Fiber optics

It really doesn't matter if you get Internet via fiber optic, coax cable or telephone wire.  Ultimately, you get Internet via an Ethernet cable to which you connect your router.  In that respect, a WNDR3700 will work.

If you are unsure of the wireless password, then log into your router.  The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

It really doesn't matter if you get Internet via fiber optic, coax cable or telephone wire.  Ultimately, you get Internet via an Ethernet cable to which you connect your router.  In that respect, a WNDR3700 will work.

If you are unsure of the wireless password, then log into your router.  The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.

Message 2 of 3
helpmom
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements