× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4500v3 N900 can't access settings while in bridge mode

cjbryson
Follower

WNDR4500v3 N900 can't access settings while in bridge mode

I am attempting to use my router to access internet through a third party wireless network. When I activate bridge mode and provide the necessary (and correct) network information (SSID, security, and passphrase), I invariably lose access to the router settings alltogether.

What I observe happening is, the 2.4 and 5 GHz WIFI lights turn off, all the remains is the solid green power light and the solid green LAN port light associated with the port my computer is currently plugged into (I have tried all four ethernet ports in various attempts to rule out hardware problems)

It appears that the router is not connecting to the wireless network that I specify as I do not get an active internet connection, nor does the internet light on the router turn on. However, the purpose of the question is specifically about accessing the router settings. My computer is still connected to the router via ethernet, but, once in bridge mode, trying to access routerlogin.net no longer takes me to the settings portal, so the only way I've been able to regain control of my router is to perform a factory reset.

Is there a different way I am supposed to gain access to router settings while in bridge mode?

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDR4500v3 N900 can't access settings while in bridge mode

Hi cjbryson,

You have to access it via the IP address that you have set on the router when configuring to bridge mode. If you have set a static IP, use that IP address. If dynamic, check with the main routers attached devices for the IP address of the bridge.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi cjbryson,

You have to access it via the IP address that you have set on the router when configuring to bridge mode. If you have set a static IP, use that IP address. If dynamic, check with the main routers attached devices for the IP address of the bridge.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi cjbryson,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7