× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000 suddenly stopped working

AGINCO
Aspirant

WNR2000 suddenly stopped working

Last night while I was streaming a movie to my Chromecast the wireless signal stopped working. I power cycled down/up both the cable modem and the wireless router, but it didn't help. Tried again this morning and then finally got on the phone with Comcast support (both modem and router are my own, not Comcast's). Everything looks fine on the Comcast end which leads me to believe it's the router.  Could it have just stopped working after almost 8 years or can I do something? The only lights that appear are the 2 green ones at the top.  I'm now at work and trying to access it remotely using Genie but that's not working either. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Model: JWNR2000v1|Wireless- N 300 Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: WNR2000 suddenly stopped working

@AGINCO wrote:

The only lights that appear are the 2 green ones at the top. 

There is a manual for the WNR2000v1 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR2000v1 | WiFi Router| NETGEAR Support <<<<

That should tell you what the LEDs are supposed to show. Check the section Troubleshooting Basic Functions.

Look at the bit Disable the wireless router radio.

@AGINCO wrote:

I'm now at work and trying to access it remotely using Genie but that's not working either.

Did you set it up for Remote Access?

@AGINCO wrote:

Could it have just stopped working after almost 8 years or can I do something?

Who knows? But this is a basic and inexpensive bit of kit, with poor specifications. For example, the LAN and WAN ports are limited to 100BASE-Tx. This is slower than many modern internet services and certainly slower than a lot of the PCs and other hardware sold in the past decade or more. The wifi may well be equally slow. No support for 5 GHz devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@AGINCO wrote:

The only lights that appear are the 2 green ones at the top. 

There is a manual for the WNR2000v1 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR2000v1 | WiFi Router| NETGEAR Support <<<<

That should tell you what the LEDs are supposed to show. Check the section Troubleshooting Basic Functions.

Look at the bit Disable the wireless router radio.

@AGINCO wrote:

I'm now at work and trying to access it remotely using Genie but that's not working either.

Did you set it up for Remote Access?

@AGINCO wrote:

Could it have just stopped working after almost 8 years or can I do something?

Who knows? But this is a basic and inexpensive bit of kit, with poor specifications. For example, the LAN and WAN ports are limited to 100BASE-Tx. This is slower than many modern internet services and certainly slower than a lot of the PCs and other hardware sold in the past decade or more. The wifi may well be equally slow. No support for 5 GHz devices.

Message 2 of 3
AGINCO
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestions! I actually got home last night and although I had already tried it 2-3 times previously, this time when I hit the reset button it worked! Strange. But things seem to be working for the time being and I'll look into a more robust router for the future.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7