× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v3 Wireless broadcasting but little to no internet connection

BishopGT
Initiate

WNR2000v3 Wireless broadcasting but little to no internet connection

Good afternoon!  I'm hoping someone has run into this before and maybe I just didn't search for the right keywords, etc.

I have a WNR2000v3 router that has been working fine for years, but yesterday something went wrong.  It is still broadcasting and other devices can connect with no issue, but there is little to no internet access on the wireless connection.  Sometimes things will partially load slowly but not finish, e.g. news apps on phone, Netflix on TV will load menus but not actually play anything, HBO/Youtube on TV won't go past title screen.

I'm running V1.1.2.6 Firmware, and the WIRED connections are working just fine.  It is just the wireless that is suddenly having issues.

I'm not a networking pro, but I'm far from a novice.  I've tried rebooting, unplugging, power cycling, messing with Genie settings, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!!

Adam

Model: WNR2000v3|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BishopGT
Initiate

Re: WNR2000v3 Wireless broadcasting but little to no internet connection

Thanks for suggestion!
Led me to notice that Genie wasn't showing correct info like firmware, updates, etc. Logged directly into router, updated Genie, manually updated firmware and changed channel for good measure (actually had 5 things on same channel, just 1 on another).
Seems to be back up and running after another round of restarts.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel?  A neighbor could have set up a Wi-Fi network recently, or some other device, like a baby monitor, microwave oven, cordless telephone, etc., could be transmitting on the same frequency.

Message 2 of 3
BishopGT
Initiate

Thanks for suggestion!
Led me to notice that Genie wasn't showing correct info like firmware, updates, etc. Logged directly into router, updated Genie, manually updated firmware and changed channel for good measure (actually had 5 things on same channel, just 1 on another).
Seems to be back up and running after another round of restarts.
Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7