× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v5 password won't work even after factory reset

didimlr
Aspirant

WNR2000v5 password won't work even after factory reset

I have had the WNR2000v5 for over a year and have used the Genie with no problems and have been able to sign into the router.  However, now it won't accept the user "admin" and password "password", even after several reset attempts, including a 30-30-30 reset that I read about on another thread.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, fyi, the router model number is not listed as supported by Genie but for some reason when I first purchased the router I was directed to Genie download or otherwise I wouldn't have been using it.  And it worked fine!!!  Until now.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR2000v5 password won't work even after factory reset

That's odd. I would suggest to get a new one. It seems that you have done most of the troubleshooting steps. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @didimlr

I suggest that you use a paper clip to reset the unit. 

Follow the reset instructions from the article below. 

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router?

There are no other ways to reset it except that you push the reset hole. 

Now, upon pushing it you will see that the power light will be blinking amber which is an indication that it's in the process of reset. 

Message 2 of 4
didimlr
Aspirant

I have done that, many times actually.  I appreciate the response though!!!   But even after using the reset button, I still don't have the correct password, it says, to sign into the router.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's odd. I would suggest to get a new one. It seems that you have done most of the troubleshooting steps. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7