× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v5

K12
Aspirant
Aspirant

WNR2000v5

Sorry for first-time impatience. I  have never asked/posted on a blog. My issue is Bitdefender keeps warning of a wifi vulnerability during a scan. So I changed my password at login to a lengthy safer one but I'm wondering if I should change the one on the bottom of my wifi modem in the admin settings on Netgear. Also, I called and found out Comcast allows public wifi and assures I'm protected. Wondering if this is the problem, and asking them to close that feature down will help. Thinking my password that came with the modem needs changing. Thanks!
Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: WNR2000v5

Probably yet another of those fake news positives that AV software likes to scare us with from time to time.

....but I'm wondering if I should change the one on the bottom of my wifi modem in the admin settings on Netgear.

That is the password that you use to get into the admin interface for your WNR2000v5. It is usually a good idea to change it so that someone doesn't hack into the controls and mess about with the settings. Parents like doing that to keep their kids from playing silly buggers.

There is a manual for the WNR2000v5 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR2000v5 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Probably yet another of those fake news positives that AV software likes to scare us with from time to time.

....but I'm wondering if I should change the one on the bottom of my wifi modem in the admin settings on Netgear.

That is the password that you use to get into the admin interface for your WNR2000v5. It is usually a good idea to change it so that someone doesn't hack into the controls and mess about with the settings. Parents like doing that to keep their kids from playing silly buggers.

There is a manual for the WNR2000v5 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR2000v5 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 2 of 3
K12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks much!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies