× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v5

TomCraig
Aspirant

WNR2000v5

I've just bought a router (WNR2000v5) and right out of the box, when I go to set up, there are 80 to 100 WIRED devices attached.  The only wireless devices are those I've added.  What does this mean?  Should the wired devices be blocked? I didn't see wired devices on my old R6100 and I don't understand.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR2000v5

Welcome to the community, @TomCraig

Do you have wired devices connected to the router?

Is the router connected to a switch?

If it's not then I suggest that you factory reset the router to clean its settings. 

Once done, reconfigure the device and see Attached devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @TomCraig

Do you have wired devices connected to the router?

Is the router connected to a switch?

If it's not then I suggest that you factory reset the router to clean its settings. 

Once done, reconfigure the device and see Attached devices. 

Message 2 of 6
TomCraig
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I'm connected to the Wow! modem by wire.  I thought the devices were all different, since they had different ip addresses (which were in one of the first columns), but after I wrote and posted the question, I realized that they all have the same MAC address, which makes me think it may be the modem.  I had wondered if it was somehow connected to the manufacturing process, but I had not seen it on the two earlier routers I have used.  That said, do you think I need to reset the device, or is it just reporting to me what I've always been connected to through the modem, but which wasn't shown by the other devices?  Sorry to be so ignorant on this, but it's just something new to me.

Message 3 of 6
TomCraig
Aspirant

@ElaineM Thanks for the reply. I'm connected to the Wow! modem by wire. I thought the devices were all different, since they had different ip addresses (which were in one of the first columns), but after I wrote and posted the question, I realized that they all have the same MAC address, which makes me think it may be the modem. I had wondered if it was somehow connected to the manufacturing process, but I had not seen it on the two earlier routers I have used. That said, do you think I need to reset the device, or is it just reporting to me what I've always been connected to through the modem, but which wasn't shown by the other devices? Sorry to be so ignorant on this, but it's just something new to me. (I didn't know if I should have included your address in my first reply)

Message 4 of 6
TomCraig
Aspirant

@ElaineM I went ahead and reset the router as you suggested.  The "wired" devices have disappeared.  Even better, we have been having trouble today connecting my wife's iPad.  She connected immediately after I did the reset.  Thnak you

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There might be some glitch when you set it up previously that is why it was showing other devices. 

Glad to hear that it's up and running!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7