× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR3500Lv2 does not switch on

sunrays
Aspirant

WNR3500Lv2 does not switch on

Hi,

I was using my Netgear router all this while without any problems. Since about a month or so, I have been using a mobile hotspot at home and hence not been using my cable boradband (and by extension, my Netgear router). Now when I tried using the router, it just doesn't switch on! I tried plugging in to another slot on the switchboard, but that did not help. My cable modem boots up fine, but not my Netgear router!

Could you please help out? Also, how do I make sure the problem is in the router and not, for instance in the power plug or chord?

Model: WNR3500Lv2|N300 Wireless Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR3500Lv2 does not switch on

Welcome to the community, @sunrays

Try to get another working power adapter with the same power specs. 

In this way, you will be able to determine if it's just a power adapter problem or the router itself. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @sunrays

Try to get another working power adapter with the same power specs. 

In this way, you will be able to determine if it's just a power adapter problem or the router itself. 

Message 2 of 6
sunrays
Aspirant

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for the reply. Would you have any other suggestion as well for me to try, presuming there is some issue with the router itself? The reason I'm asking is that there's nothing that happened that should lead to the adapter or the router conking off. In fact it was working fine till for a month or so I stopped using WiFi at home.

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try plugging it on a different power outlet.

To be honest, there's nothing much else to try. 

If it still has hardware warranty then get a replacement

Message 4 of 6
sunrays
Aspirant

Hi Elaine,
I tried using another power adaptor (of another Netgear router), but my router wouldn't start. I don't think it's now covered by warranty. So what are my options? Can I at least get it examined by Netgear technicians to determine what is the problem?
Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are no other options but to get a new router. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7