× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windowx X and RReadyshare not compatible

rfaz
Aspirant

Windowx X and RReadyshare not compatible

i know my problem is with the new update and smb1 being disabled. i am assuming this is a problem with the router and not the hard drive. My question is will netgear put out an update for this fix or do I need to purchase a new router?

OS Windows 10 home

Version 1709

Build 16299.431

Router WNDR3400

Firmware Version V1.0.0.52_20.0.60
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.50_2.1.17.1
Model: WNDR3400|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Windowx X and RReadyshare not compatible

Your question has come up quite a lot in recent times.

Try searching this forum for SMB1.

For example, here is one of many responses:

Solved: ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareCo... - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

It might help if you explained what the problem is.

The WNDR3400 (v1) is a basic router that dates from 2010. It is limited to 100BASE-Tx on the LAN and WAN, which means that it is slower than modern internet services.

Message 2 of 5
rfaz
Aspirant

The problem I have is that after the new windows 10 update the ready share drive I had connected is no longer visible on that windows 10 computer. The drive is still visible on other computers just not the windows 10. It is because the SMB1 was disable due to security concerns. What I wanted to know was if the router would have a firmware update to correct this problem and make my readyshare drive accessible through my windows 10 pc. My understanding is the router needs to support SMB2 or SMB3 to make the readyshare drive accessible again. So if there is not going to be an update then I need to look for a router that supports the smb2 and smb 3 protocols. As far as the speed of my router is concerned I don’t seem to have a problem streaming videos on 3 different devices at the same time so that was not really a concern of mine.
Message 3 of 5

Your question has come up quite a lot in recent times.

Try searching this forum for SMB1.

For example, here is one of many responses:

Solved: ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareCo... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 5
rfaz
Aspirant

My apologies for wasting your time. I did not see that particular post but did find others similar to it that I thought were router specific. So there are no plans to update the firmware then to support SMB2 or SMB3? I guess I’ll be purchasing a router from a different company that is not up to date. Thanks for your time I truly appreciate it.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7