× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

download speed slow WNR2000V5 router

bambam4
Aspirant

download speed slow WNR2000V5 router

Upgraded to time warner cable 300mbs system.  Did speed test with routger connected to modem and came out 97 dwnld speed.  Redid speed test bypassing router connecting computer directlyl to cable modem and got 325 mbs dwnld speed.  Upgraded to latest firmware V1.0.0.42 but got same slow speed when retested with router connected.  Unplugged modem and router to reboot te devices, did not help as got same slow speed.  According to user manuel the device is made to handle up to 300mbs so I am at a loss as to why the download speeds are so slow with router connected .  Upload speeds are ok.  Any suggestions?  I tested with a wired connection, not wifi.  I do not have any other devices connected to the router other than one computer at the moment.  

WNR2000V5 - N300

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bambam4
Aspirant

Re: download speed slow WNR2000V5 router

thank you for clearing that up for me, and the link.  Much appreciated

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @bambam4

The WAN or Internet port of the WNR2000v5 is capable of up to 100Mbps only.

It cannot exceed 100Mbps. The 300Mbps is about the wireless connection speed between the router and your wireless clients. 

For you to maximize the speed that are subscribed into, you will need to upgrade your router to a different model.

See the link below for a list of routers and check their information. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 2 of 4
bambam4
Aspirant

thank you for clearing that up for me, and the link.  Much appreciated

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors