× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

download speed

mark9r
Aspirant

download speed

My router speed is 1190 kbs while my tethered internet speed is 70Mps.  I have restarted, reset, unplugged but it doesn't seem to work.  I cannot connect my wireless services like Roku and I suspect this is why.  Any ideas?

Model: WNR2000|Wireless-N Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mark9r
Aspirant

Re: download speed

Elaine. It turned out to be the IP address. I have no idea how it changed from one day to the next but when I corrected it, the connection was reestablished with all devices. Thanks very much for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @mark9r

What's the exact model number of your NETGEAR device?

How many devices are connected?
What are these devices? Laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, etc.?

Do you have the latest firmware installed on it?

Did you try to factory reset the router?

Message 2 of 5
mark9r
Aspirant

Hi Elaine. Thanks for your help. It's an N300. WNR2000v5. I've reset it by pushing the concealed button - if that's the same as "factory" reset. Connected is a Roku streaming service and Kindle. On each device it shows the router as available w excellent strength. I sign in with the correct router password but I get unable to connect error messages. The Roku settings actually say I'm connected but when I try to access Amazon Prime, Showtime, Netflix I am not able due to no connection to the internet. I suspect there is something simple I'm missing. I just don't know what.
Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How far is the router from these devices?

Is there any device such as smartphone that can get online on the same exact location where the Roku is?

What's the exact error message do you get?

It's possible that your Roku is not getting a valid IP address from the router to get Internet access.

Is there a device that has internet access through the router? 

Message 4 of 5
mark9r
Aspirant

Elaine. It turned out to be the IP address. I have no idea how it changed from one day to the next but when I corrected it, the connection was reestablished with all devices. Thanks very much for your help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7