× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

refurbished r7800, cannot register serial number to get remote readyshare access

stabanelli
Aspirant

refurbished r7800, cannot register serial number to get remote readyshare access

Hi, I bought on Amazon a refurbished r7800 but I've realized that the serial number is already associated to the previous owner, therefore I'm stuck and cannot register the product to get either support or cloud access via readyshare, I wrote to customer service but got no answer, is there someone able to solve this issue? otherwise I' ll send back the device
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: refurbished r7800, cannot register serial number to get remote readyshare access

For ReadyCLOUD (previously ReadySHARE Cloud), you can just simply reset the device and create your own login.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: refurbished r7800, cannot register serial number to get remote readyshare access

Welcome to the community, @stabanelli

Warranty is for the original purchaser only and is not transferable.

Is my NETGEAR product under warranty?

Message 2 of 6
stabanelli
Aspirant

well, the link reports I'm entitled for 30 days email support, what I asked (via email) to customer service was to register my device to get readyshare remote access, nothing else
Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For ReadyCLOUD (previously ReadySHARE Cloud), you can just simply reset the device and create your own login.

Message 4 of 6
stabanelli
Aspirant

Hi Elaine,

thanks a lot, I've now registred to ReadyCloud!

Stefano

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome and thank you for updating.

Have a great day!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7