× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wndr3700v4 constantly loses internet connection

66tom
Aspirant

wndr3700v4 constantly loses internet connection

Last week I lost my wired (computer) and wireless (Tablet, phone) internet connections and ever since I have been losing the connection every few minutes. I have reset the router, adjusted the MTU and tried changing channels but nothing seems to be working. Is there anything else I can try or do I try and get a replacement as I got this in february last year so I am still under hardware warranty.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Tom

Model: WNDR3700v4|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
66tom
Aspirant

Hi Elaine

The Ip address is 10.0.0.1 but the gateway IP address is 10.0.0.138, I ended up ringing my ISP about my issues and since then I haven't had a problem but I did change my plan and am getting a new modem so I'm not sure if that might have changed things.

Thanks for your and searays help hopefully I've got things sorted now.

Tom

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

verfiy the ISP connection, bypass router use wired PC

Message 2 of 9
66tom
Aspirant

Hi Searay

Sorry I fogot to put on there that I've done that as well, I had no problem with the connection so I'm not really sure of my next option now.

Thanks 

Tom

Model: WNDR3700v4|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Great,

It sounds like RMA time. I hope you registered it, if not do it first.

Good Luck with it!

Message 4 of 9
66tom
Aspirant

I did luckily, thanks for that Searay

Message 5 of 9
66tom
Aspirant

I been doing a bit more research and I think the problem might be to do with my DNS settings, I get www.netgear.com's server DNS address could not be found try checking the proxy, firewall and DNS configuration. I go into the netgear Genie which says the internet is not connected and I have to reconnect it from there. In the internet setup DNS address it says get automatically from ISP, I only have a primary address too is this right?

The DNS address on the Genie shows as 10.0.0.138, but on the telstra page it says the primary one should be 61.9.226.33

and the secondary address should be 61.9.194.49.

Does this mean my problem is with me having possible the wrong DNS address from my ISP or is it another problem with me not being able to get the DNS address from the page I am trying to connect to?

Please help I'm a little confused now

Thanks Tom

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 6 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's the IP address of your router is it 10.0.0.138?

Sometimes it's either you get the IP address of the router as the DNS address and that should work fine or you'll get the DNS address from your ISP directly.

Message 7 of 9
66tom
Aspirant

Hi Elaine

The Ip address is 10.0.0.1 but the gateway IP address is 10.0.0.138, I ended up ringing my ISP about my issues and since then I haven't had a problem but I did change my plan and am getting a new modem so I'm not sure if that might have changed things.

Thanks for your and searays help hopefully I've got things sorted now.

Tom

Message 8 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@66tom Thank you for the update!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation