Who Me Too'd this topic

rkruz
Apprentice

Cannot Rename Attached Devices

R6700V3, Firmware Version V1.0.4.78_10.0.55
The Device Renaming is a great feature that i was happy to see added as its a great convenience to manage and troubleshoot. The router is functioning well in all other respects except for the Renaming feature. The Rename is a great convenience and its not working does not prevent me from operating my network.

I do not have a Roku attached. I do not have a Roku at all.

During these following tests I am accessing the router via the 2.4G wireless interface, using a Windows 7 Thinkpad E540 and the router has been set to use 192.168.0.1 as is base address. there are about 15 devices attached from security cameras, NVRs, TV, AVR, 2 laptops. I can provide screen shots or any data. If there is anything I can do to provide access or more information please feel free to ask.

Ive done the following trouble shooting with no success.......
1) On the R6700 I removed one Ethernet at a time on the rear of the R6700, change the Device name, refreshed and then replaced the Ethernet cable. Did this for all 4 Ethernets. At no time was I able to rename any device. I tried to rename several devices all unsuccessful. I have 14-15 devices attached.
2) Reset the R6700 to factory default, tried to Rename Devices and still could not Rename any Device. I restored the original configuration and still could not Rename Devices.
3) Removed all 4 Ethernet cables from the rear of the R6700. Still not able to rename the device. An observation here is that the "wired" devices show still attached in the "Attached Devices" page when they have been disconnected. Even after about 10 minutes of disconnect and page refresh.

Clues:
a) Some devices names shown in the Attached Devices window typically look like DEV-CD:70:C1. It interesting to note that this name while shown in the page, provides a message of "Invalid Device Name (Symbol)" when attempting to "Apply" it without any changes to it.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic