Who Me Too'd this topic

WarIsPeace
Star

Orbi satellite losing connection with router

I have had my Orbi mesh system for close to a year.  For the past month or so, I have been experiencing random satellite drop connections.  There is no indication from the affected satellite of its aliment.  The only way I can tell is by devices connected to the satellite losing wifi, both hardwired and wirelessly.  When this happens and I open up Orbi APP or orbilogin.net, then I can see the satellite is having connection issues.  If left on its own, it would reestablish connection within 5 mins or so.  But this is extremely annoying and random.  And it happens multiple times a day that it drove me nuts.  How am I sure that it is the orbi system's fault?  Here is how I eliminated other possible causes:

1.  I signed up for two ISP's.  One fiber and one cable.  The random connection drop issue happens on both.

2.  I replaced Orbi with Google WIFI and no drop issue at all.  

3.  I even re-positioned both RBS50 satellites closer to the router.  Literally, the next rooms and the problem still persists.  

4.  I disabled daisy-chain, MIMU, and fast roaming as per internet suggestions.  No dice either.

That pretty much eliminated all other possible causes. 

So I opened up a support ticket.  The 1st tech had me enabling MIMU and fast roaming and then wait and observe.  That did not help at all.  2nd call and 2nd tech from India finally advised me that they have had many calls from users with the same issue.  The problem is with the new firmware.  Yes, the newest.  He advises that they are working on a fix via firmware.  In the meantime.  Nothing can be done.  

My parents have the same 3 unit RBR50 and they have random drops with older firmware.  One of my neighbors has RBR40 and he has drops.  This is ridiculous.  Is anybody else having this issue? 

Who Me Too'd this topic