Who Me Too'd this solution

ScottD67
Star

Re: Orbi Wifi6: Device Model with special characters prevents device list from displaying in Web UI

Now I'm 100% sure that this was the issue and Netgear has a bug or two that needs to be fixed. I've talked to tech support and they are looking into it. 

 

Here's what I found and how I resolved it:

 

- I gave up and did a factory reset which did NOT resolve the issue.  The device name to MAC data persists even over a factory reset -- that's also a bug. 

 

- I figured out how to get into debug mode, telneted into the router and found that the device information is stored in a text file in /tmp/devices .  I used vi to remove the " character from the option model string and after saving and rebooting I can see all of my devices again.  

 

 

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution