Who Me Too'd this topic

GreenPeter
Tutor

R7000 Internet disconnect

Hi - would appreciate some suggestions, pls. Can't find resolution to this from previous Community posts, and it's beyond me at the moment..

R7000 worked perfectly for ~4 years, up to ~4 weeks ago. Firmwater on "auto-update", currently running V1.0.9.88_10.2.88.

Problem: router disconnects from the internet roughly once or twice every two days. Cycling the router power always resolves the problem, so far..

My tests suggest that this is something within the R7000, rather than ISP or attached devices.

• The ISP has tested their incoming service and checked their outages – no problems with ISP
  • The broadband modem (BT Openreach) is functioning correctly and reporting continuous service at >140 MB/s – continuous availability of broadband to R7000
  • "Connection mode" is 'always on'
  • Both wireless and wired devices, including those connected directly to the R7000, all report ‘no internet’ at the same time – not a problem with wireless or LAN side of the R7000
  • When internet connection is lost downstream of the R7000, the R7000 itself still shows a white light indicating 'good' connection to the internet – R7000 thinks it is connected to the internet, but is not providing that connection to local devices
  • Router MAC address is tied to actual device MAC, not default
  • When there is a disconnect from the internet, re-cycling the power to the R7000 has always resulted in a new, good connection to the internet – the problem is due to some setting within the R7000
  • have done a full factory reset and then reconfigured from scratch - problem endures.

Appreciate any guidance from the Community - thanks in advance!

Peter

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Who Me Too'd this topic