Who Me Too'd this solution

j1n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Netgear Orbi satellite RBS50 not syncing to Orbi router (RBR50)

After trying to add a support ticket & then call Netgear 2 separate times with no luck receiving support, I became more frustrated about how Netgear doesn’t seem to have a way to contact them once your 90-day support after purchasing a product is up unless you fork over money. Considering this was a random event where Netgear pushed a software update overnight, which seemingly bricked my RBS50 satellite, I’d think the company would be willing to help out in that case, but that’s not what I discovered.

Anyway, I was determined more than ever to get the RBS50 satellite working again with my RBK53 system. After trying various hard resets and configurations, I hooked my non-functioning RBS50 to my working RBS50 with an Ethernet cable. Then, before I turned on the non-working RBS50, I held in the sync & reset buttons, and at the same time, turned the RBS50 on. The back light initially turned red, started blinking, and then turned off. I let go of all the buttons, and somehow the satellite rebooted and connected to my system. I really do t know how or why this fixed my satellite from connecting to my system, but it did! Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Who Me Too'd this solution