Who Me Too'd this topic

mickelsn
Aspirant

Orbi AX6000 (RBR850) Spontaneous Rebooting

I recently purchased an Orbi Tri-Band AX6000 (RBK852) system which contains the RBR850 router and RBS850 satellite. The system is running in Access Point (AP) mode behind a FiOS Gateway as the only WiFi network in my home.

I'm having problems with periodic WiFi network instability — the network disappears from all clients for about 1-2 minutes. A little bit of Googling led me to the debug page, where I discovered that my system actually REBOOTED itself at the point of the last outage — system uptime is only about an hour or so as I write this, which corresponds directly to when all network clients lost connectivity. There have been no power issues or other problems in the home that would cause these reboots.

I've started Debug log capture via the debug page and will do a full manual reboot of the entire system later today to see if that either fixes the issue (which I doubt, because this has happened multiple times since I last rebooted the system myself) or at least I can get whatever debug data I can. Info on firmware version and whatnot is below from the Debug page:

Basic Information

Firmware Version: V3.2.10.11_1.2.12

CPU Load: 12.46%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 421 MB/867 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 01:07:34

Any ideas on how to fix, or should I just return this and get a different system? Kind of hard to keep my kids distance learning online when the WiFi system I bought precisely so our network had enough bandwidth for everyone constantly reboots!

Thanks...

Who Me Too'd this topic