Who Me Too'd this topic

dbarbee
Initiate

Can't connect the ethernet port on an MR60 to a switch, it doesn't seem to recognize the switch.

I replaced my very old internet gateway with a new MR60 mesh system with 2 sattelites (MS60). I'm not sure what rhe exact model number is as the Model selector for the formum post does not recognize any of the numbers on the box or router itself (MR60, AX1800/MK63, MK63-100NAS).

Firmware was updated by the setup app while installing this morning to v1.0.4.92

Not likely relevant, but the ethernet port is connected to an Arris SB8200 connected to gigabit service from Comcast.

My old router had Wan conection+4 ethernet connections I used to connect my desktop, printer, etc. (systems without built in WiFi) The MR60 only has one ethernet connection, so I thought I could put a switch (TrendNet 8-Port gigabit switch, TEG-S82g). The switch and the MR60 don't hand shake. The link light on the switch indicating a connection does not light, but the one with the computer does. I have no internet on the computer, though I can ping other devices connected to the switchIf I take the cable from the MR60 router and plug into the computer directly (bipassing the switch), it connects the internet (I'm using the harwired connection now), but obviously can't connect to the other devices on the switch. What gives? Everything I read before buying the setup suggested I could connect the router to a switch to get more than 1 ethernet port. I there some setting for the router I need to configure to make the router connect with the switch? 

BTW, if I substitute the old router for the MR60, everything works fine. The link light for the connection to the old router lights up and all of the systems connected to the switch can connect to the internet with no issues. The switch was new in box, though  I bought it 3-4 years ago to replace another switch that was acting up but that one just turned out to be a bad cable, so never used it. Do I need a newer switch? After reading some other posts for other NG routers, it says not to use 'Green' switches. The TrendNet switch ays it uses 'GreenNet' technology. I sthat possibly the problem?

So again what gives? I have a number of systems I'd like to connect to the internet that require a wired connection, If the MR60 can't be used with a switch, I guess I'll need to return it and use a different make/model.

Who Me Too'd this topic