Who Me Too'd this topic

ik8sqi
Star

RAX75 1.0.3.88 firmware broke HomeKit

I've been using my Nighthawk RAX75 (the Cosco version of the RAX80) for several months, configured with SmartConnect without any major issues with HomeKit.

A few days ago almost all of my 40+ HomeKit WiFi-enabled devices stopped connecting. The ones with bluetooth didn't have issues. I have an HomePod, an iPad and 2 AppleTVs used as hubs. I tried to shut down all the hubs one-by-one leaving just one of them on to troubleshoot them, but it did not help.

The only thing that solves the problems is to disable the SmartConnect, and disable/rename the 5G band so that my Apple devices used as hubs do not connect to it, leaving just the 2.4G band. As soon as I do that within a minute all HomeKit devices come back online.

I just noticed that firmware V1.0.3.88 was released a few days ago, and that my router auto-updated to it. I'm 99% certain this firmware broke HomeKit. Disabling SmartConnect and using different bands for 2.4G/5G is NOT an option as the minute I connect one of my apple devices to 5G, the password will propagate to all my other iOS devices automatically so the ipad/homepod/appletv will immediately start using 5G and HomeKit breaks again.

I will try to downgrade to firmware 1.0.2.76 to see if that fixes everything. Anyone else with this problem?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic