Who Me Too'd this topic

PedroA
Follower

Orbi App: cannot enable Anywhere Access

I have a Netgear Orbi system (RBR50) with 3 satellites. Router Firmware Version = V2.5.1.16

If using the Netgear Orbi app (latest version 2.6.2.1239) on Android (v10), and I go to - Settings / Anywhere Access and then toggle the "Enable Anywhere Access" toggle slider to the right, the following happens:

The "Enable Anywhere Access" toggle slider moves to the right and goes green.

The screen says

"Please Wait..."

"Anywhere Access Enabled".

Then it returns to the same "Anywhere Access" screen, but the toggle slider has gone back to the left and is no longer green. See the attached phone screenshot.

If I try again, the same happens. I thus cannot "Enable Anywhere Access" using the app.

If I disconnect from my network (so that I am on a phone network) and open the Orbi app, and select "Connect via Anywhere Access", I get a screen with heading "Your Products" and then the text "No devices available. To remotely manage a NETGEAR router, enable the feature by connecting your router's WiFi, and the going to Menu > Settings >Anywhere Access within the app."

If on my WiFi, I log into the RBR50 via a browser, and go to Advanced Setup / Remote Management, "Turn Remote Management On" is off. I understand from other posts that for some reason, this setting and the app setting are different. The app setting is for app remote access, and the browser setting is for remote browser access. I want the app setting to work.

Can anyone solve this? Why can I not enable "Anywhere Access"? Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic