Who Me Too'd this topic

nosamason
Tutor

CM1000v2 Will not boot - all lights flashing rapidly

I have had this cable modem since July and it was working without any issues until a couple days ago. It seems like it will not "boot" up after powering it on. All of the lights, except for the ethernet light, flash rapidly when I turn it on. I have tried powering it off for a few minutes and turning it back on, holding the reset button while it is on for 30 seconds, and I have tried with the coaxial cable connected and disconnected. I also connected a computer directly to the modem to try to navigate to the dashboard (192.168.100.1), but my computer doesn't even recognize that it's plugged into the modem (which makes me believe it's a hardware issue).

Here's a video showing the lights flashing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdvgEQA7R4

I called support for an RMA, but they didn't think it's a hardware issue, and they wanted me to purchase extended support to determine if it's eligible for replacement. I told them I would call them back.

Do I have any other options? I think it's kind of ridiculous that I would need to pay for extended support in order to get this RMA'd.

Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Who Me Too'd this topic