Who Me Too'd this topic

InterMurph
Guide

Brand new RAX120 router stops responding multiple times per day, requires reboot

I just replaced my AC1750 router with a RAX120.  Paired with my CM1200 cable modem, it gets the full 1 GB/s download rate on my Xfinity cable.  It's great.  When it works.

The problem:  multiple times per day, the router simply goes mute.  All connected devices, both WiFi and ethernet, lose all internet connectivity.  The router does not respond to ping requests.  It is just mute.  A router reboot clears this condition.  This appears to be a problem with the router itself, as 1) I do not have to reset the cable modem at all to fix it, and 2) this did not happen with the older AC1750 router.

I upgraded the RAX120 to the latest firmware (1.2.0.16), and it did not fix the problem.

After I restart the router, I check the logs, and the oldest log message is always this:

[Initialized, firmware version: V1.2.0.16] Monday, January 18, 2021 12:37:01

So if there is anything helpful in the logs, it gets lost during the restart.

Needless to say, this is wreaking havoc on my kids, who are learning remotely, and on me, who is working remotely.

What can I do to diagnose this?  I feel like I have to give up on this router and revert to the AC1750, which is not as fast, but is at least reliable.

Thanks.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic