Who Me Too'd this topic

sanderssam
Aspirant

Low Throughput On RAX120

Here's the deal: I have a RAX120 AX12 router.  I don't have any AX devices... this is not really about that, but I use pretty much a 2020 macbook pro and a iphone 11 pro primarily..  But I'm finding the speed I'm getting out of the router on these devices-- despite being able to see the connection to the router is quite strong-- is consistently less than half of what the connection to the internet service.

I have Google Fiber, which when I run a speedtest through the Nighthawk app gives results typically like the below (within 5-10% or so)

IMG_7151.jpg

And I know my internet connection from my laptop to the router is strong... I'm in a small apartment with few obstructions, and see these types of details for my network below

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.33.18 PM.png

But consistently, when running speedtest with ookla or similar, the bandwidth is less than half of this (with no other devices on the network).  See below

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.40.05 PM.png

I understand bandwidth can fluctuate-- and im not crying about slow speeds, it's still plenty fast for most needs.  But I've updated the firmware, removed obstructions, and done all i can, and even when I plug directly into the router I can't get speeds above a few hundred Mbps when the speedtest through the Nighthawk app consistently gets 7-800 Mbps.  Any ideas for why this is or any tips here?

Thanks!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic