Who Me Too'd this topic

Connectivity Issues - ORBI Keeps disconnecting, I hate ORBI!

I orginally purchased the router + 2 sattelites at Costco and there hasn't been a day where I did not have issues with this router. Ever since I powered on the unit, there has not been a single instance where my iOS iPhone would be connected via Wi-Fi for more than 5 MINUTES. Every couple minutes or so, for some god forsaken awful reason, my iPhone drops the internet. It is so incredibly frustrating considering I have spent COUNTLESS amounts of hours looking through discussion posts, reddit, on phone support only to have the same continous problem. 

After spending literal days worth of hours in a 2 week period I decided to finally give it up and mainly use my phone in the kitchen (with the sattelite) since the internet maintains a solid strong connection without any hiccups. Since I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, I keep the router in my room, and just 1 sattelite in the kitchen. This building is very old, and with my older router, the connection from my room alone does not reach the kitchen even though it is only ~20 feet away *hint: this is why I got the mesh system.* But for some truly disgraceful reason, I can never hold a connection even when the *router* is 5 feet away from me. 

I have become so frustrated over the month that I finally decided to call NG and replace the unit. Figuring this would solve my issues, I installed the new router and finally... bliss, my iphone held a connection for so long I was able to run a speed test! Wow! But then quite literally 10 minutes later, the same issues start happening. 

I swear to god I am quite literally a fraction of a second away from destroying and pulverizing this stupid overpriced piece of junk NG has decided to pass off as a router. This is my last resort, I never post on forums asking for advice. If someone can just point me in the right direction to just help me fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it. 

YES the router is updated. FW version 3.2.18.1

NO I don't know the sqaure footage of my apartment. 

NO I'm not changing the channel settings. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic