Who Me Too'd this topic

seth01123
Guide

Help with OpenVPN Client on Windows 10

Hello, I have looked through a lot of the posts here and I found a few that talked about this problem but I have tried and tried to get this working and I am having no luck at all. I have searched google and watched a lot of videos but nothing I can find has helped me so far.

I have successfully setup OpenVPN on my Orbi Router(RBR50 with 1 Satellite RBS50) and I am able to access my home network successfully using my iPhone.

I am now trying to setup the Windows 10 client so I can access my home network from a windows 10 PC at work. And, for the life of me, I cannot get this to work. I have attached a screenshot of the openvpn profile for windows that gets downloaded from the Orbi VPN settins page.

I have followed the steps in this netgear guide:

https://kb.netgear.com/31487/How-do-I-use-VPN-service-on-my-Orbi-system-with-my-Windows-client

It seems that OpenVPN has updated the client since this guide came out. And the process ends up being different. The OpenVPN client I am downloading is the "OpenVPN Connect V3" version. Everything goes pretty smoothly until I try and import the config file and I get the following error :option_error: proto_option_error: TAP mode is not supported"

So to my understanding, the new version of the client does not support TAP. The problem is that I am not sure how to adjust the config file so it will be accepted by the new client. There have been a few suggestions in some other netgear posts that I have tried but it is still not working.

I have updated the firmware of the Orbi and made sure that windows is fully updated.

The config file that gets downloaded from the Orbi has 4 files. I am dragging and dropping the file with the extention ".ovpn"

Is there anybody that has had success with this type of setup? Any suggesstions would be helpful. Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic