Who Me Too'd this topic

mcnitzken
Guide

ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Hi, was hoping I might get some help here as after calling Netgear I got met with "Everything appears to be fine", despite the fact the satellite no longer works.

I have an Orbi 752 set with 1 RBR750 and 2 RBS750. They have previously worked fine with zero issues for well over a year, but I was prompted to do the v4.6.3.7 firmware last night and have had nothing but headaches. Despite all the initial problems, I managed to get the main router connected and working again and 1 of the satellites working.

The second satellite goes from "blue" to "pulsing white" and shows "Out of Sync" with the backhaul every 3-4 minutes, which basically makes it unusable.

I have factory reset it prob ~12 times, I have downgraded and re-upgrade the firmware on the satellite. I have set the Preamble to "short", and increased the CTS to 2347. I have tried everything I can possibly think of including factory resetting the entire system and reconfiguring it from scratch at least 8 times so far. I'm really out of options for how to potentially solve this other than unplugging and not using the satellite.

I had initially thought of trying to downgrade everything back to the v3 firmware which was very stable for me, but I couldn't figure out how to downgrade the router itself. The satellites I uploaded the downgrade firmware and they took it and changed their firmware easily. The Router when I upload the firmware gives me only an option for "No". I tried looking at using the `tftp` option and pushing Block 0 after a factory reset, but was never able to get anything to take. Was hoping some users or support might have an idea to help?

Who Me Too'd this topic