Who Me Too'd this topic

fathobbit
Star

RBR750 Guest network intermittent connection issues

Hi,

I have purchased the RBR750 over 3 months ago and still working with netgear support to fix this issue but luck.  Hence trying the community to see if anyone else has noticed this issue.

I have been using the older Orbi for over 3 years now and decided to upgrade.  Everything worked fine for about a few weeks since I never connected the guest network but when friends started visiting, they used the guest network and kept complaining that suddently they cannot access the internet and then few mins later, everything works fine and then again it randomly repeats so very erractic and intermittent.  Then I connected to the guest network and same issues.  So opened a support case, its been over 3 months, they asked me to try so many thing which I did and still the same issues.  Eventually they said they are escalating to engineering and after a month, I got an update stating that the latest firmware is out and we should try that, did that but still same issues.  Some of the things we tried, removed password for guest network, changed channels, sent multiple debug logs from router and satellites, static IP's, etc, etc

I'm not sure when they say they are escalting to engineering, it actually happens and someone is really looking at it or they just wait for the next firware update arrives and hope that somehow fixes the issue.

Then they thought it was may be a bad unit, so I went ahead and purchased another RBR750 and its still the same issue.  So I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this or is this somethign unique to me.  By the way my old orbi, the guest network works totally fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Who Me Too'd this topic