Who Me Too'd this topic

alchle
Star

NetGear R6700v3 Slow speed

I've seen this issue in other posts and web, but with no resolution.  Scenario: I have R6700v3 router with firmware V1.0.4.122_10.0.95.  I pay for 750mbps and only get 250mbps download max with this router. I tried reinstalling firmware followed by factory reset. Tried removing power to everything and powering everything back up (with time delays) in proper order from modem, router, to computer.  Still no luck.  I know the IP modem (optical fiber - Nokia G-010G-A) is good because I have another older router (Asus RT-N66R) that atually gets 750mbps. Also tried disabling QoS (disabled by default), turn off Access Controls (disabled by default), turn off Traffic Meter (disabled by default). I am at a loss. Very frustrated with this router now. Loved it, now hate it.  Not noticable in my last house because IP speeds were 200mpbs.  New house is 750mbps and now I see the limitation.  Fully hardwired setup. I've turned off all other devices and still no go with the R6700v3 router. What is interesting, is if it is set as an Access Point it actually gets the 750mbps! But when it is in router mode it does not.  I downgraded firmware to V1.0.2.66_10.0.48 and it now gets to around 550mbps - not what it should be and now living with security vulnerabilities. 

Any other ideas out there?  

Thanks

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Who Me Too'd this topic