Who Me Too'd this topic

quang777
Guide

Can't find Orbi RBR750 after factory reset

Long story short, I was having issues with our wifi connectivity and was trying to access the web interface to make some changes. However, this morning I could no longer access the router's admin web interface anymore. As far as I know, I didn't update the firmware. The last time I checked about a month ago, there was no firmware update via the Orbi app. Unfortunately I can't access the router firmware information anymore. Before scanning the support forums, I thought I'd try to reset my Orbi. However, now that I've reset the router and the 2 satellites the Orbi App can no longer find the main router to set up new after the reset. I can ping the router's IP from a LAN port computer, but I can't access the web UI anymore or set it up via the App.

I've only had this set up for about 4 months and been having erratic behavior since switching from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 set up that worked for 3 years w/o issue..   Any ideas? I saw a bunch of people complaining about not being able to access the router after a firmware update this week. Is it related to DOH? Did the firmware update get pushed without my approval? Is my Orbi bricked now? 

EDIT: I fell back to using my old Nighthawk until I can get the Orbi fixed, so my Internet etc works fine. It's just the Orbi that seems to have stopped working. Before doing the factory reset, most of the devices were able to access the internet, but a few IOT (ie smart cams etc) stopped working, which triggered this troubleshooting session.

Thanks for any help.

Q

Who Me Too'd this topic