Who Me Too'd this topic

ddustin
Guide

BR850 Orbi, anywhere access no longer working

Hello,

First post here, experienced user.

Anywhere access used to work, but since updating the firmware of the RBR850 and the Satellite (RBS850), anywhere access refuses to work. While home, the app works with all the other functions.. just not anywhere access.

Firmware in both devices  (Router and Satellite) is the latest 4.6.9.11.

The router has "Armor" installed.

I had to use remote desktop over a VPN to manually update the firmware on the Satellite as it refused to "find" the available firmware update (because I was working remotely).

Using an iOS device running 15.6.1, but have also tried it on an Android phone (same results).

I thought it was an issue I would be able to resolve once returning home and being on the same network.. not to be.

The iOS device has Private Wi-Fi Address disabled as well as Limit IP Address Tracking and I am not using iCloud Private Relay.

This is particularly comical to me..when I try to enable remote access on the router directly, there is an instruction to "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App."

I will not perform a hard reset again as it takes forever to get Armor to be acknowledged.  

Any advice is appreciated (I have followed every instruction here as far as I can tell). 

Who Me Too'd this topic