Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 latest firmware

sktn77a
Virtuoso

R7000 latest firmware

I just updated my R7000 firmware from 1.0.9.42 to 1.0.9.88 using the firmware update option in the R7000 GUI.  I see that the latest version available for download on the R7000 support page is 1.0.11.126 but when I try to update it from the GUI it says no new firmware is available.  I can update it manually but before I do that, I wanted to be sure the Netgear support website has all its ducks in a row......  (won't be the firat time they've totally screwed up)!

Has anyone updated their R7000 to the latest firmware (1.0.11.126)?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

Re: R7000 latest firmware

> Has anyone updated their R7000 to the latest firmware (1.0.11.126)?

What did your forum or Web search for that version number find?

Message 2 of 5
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Very little.  A couple of posts reporting issues but nothing definitive (or I wouldn't be asking).

Message 3 of 5

@sktn77a wrote:

Very little.  A couple of posts reporting issues but nothing definitive (or I wouldn't be asking).

New firmware usually arrives first in the downloads section of the support pages for the device concerned. Initially it might turn up as a hotfix and then as an "official" release.

It can take time, sometimes just a few days but maybe longer, before the firmware arrives n the update servers that feed the on-board update process.

If you want to test the water before diving in, keep your eye on this place for messages of doom and gloom. (Successful updates rarely garner praise.) Or just apply the update safe in the knowledge that you can backtrack if all goes wrong.

First check that Netgear has removed something that you depend on in the new firmware. At the moment it is gradually removing the free version of parental controls. That requires a firmware update that could kill parental controls before Netgear pulls the plug on the service at its end.

Message 4 of 5
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7