× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear Insight + WAX630E : Problems

ftlnparis
Star

Netgear Insight + WAX630E : Problems

Hi All,

My WAX630E is registered to Insight.

But when I click on the device in Insight I can see that IP address is missing:

ftlnparis_0-1715419731054.png

Also, when I click on edit it is stuck setting up mesh network for the last 4 days:

ftlnparis_1-1715419786138.png

When I go to Mesh Settings in Insight to disable this option, the page doesnt even load, just the circle spinning infinitely:

ftlnparis_2-1715419836376.png

Are Netgear having problems with Insight at the moment, the website control panels and options seems kind of half baked to me who is somebody who who administrates Cisco Meraki networks on a daily basis.

Some things I have tried are to , factory reset the AP, remove and re-add the AP, dont touch it for a few days and check again in Insight, but I still have issues mentioned above.

Any help appreciated, thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 3
ftlnparis
Star

Re: Netgear Insight + WAX630E : Problems

Finally after 45 minutes the Mesh settings page loaded.....

But still the status page on my WAX630E device is stuck with Met setup in Progress 😞

ftlnparis_0-1715424333048.png

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Insight + WAX630E : Problems

@ftlnparis wrote:

My WAX630E is registered to Insight.

Your WAX630E does certainly have an IP address on the LAN, otherwise Insight would not show it as Connected.

@ftlnparis wrote:

Also, when I click on edit it is stuck setting up mesh network for the last 4 days:

When I go to Mesh Settings in Insight to disable this option, the page doesnt even load, just the circle spinning infinitely:

The default Mesh Mode setting would be Automatic. In this status, it might look around for some other Mesh capable devices over the air, but it is still a wired access point, and there is no need to enable the (wireless) Mesh, and it should not fail going to the Mesh Topology.

Is there some security appliance restricting or blocking the required Internet access, so the WAX630E can't reach the Insight cloud? 

I tend to suggest logging in to the WAC630E on the LAN, using a Web browser, and go to Management -> Monitoring -> Cloud Logs e.g. on https://[WAX630E-LAN-IP]/cloudlogs

But also check your Internet security appliance for traffic blocked or prohibited. The inability to show the WAX630E LAN IP does almost proof.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements