× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC730 Direct connection

RCABOB
Aspirant

WAC730 Direct connection

After a button (Factory reset) The unit wont provide the GUI log in page, has anyone seen this issue? It is connected on the RJ45 cable directly to the PC, and using the default IP addresses. I also can see the WIFI's (ssid) It will pass through if connected to a WAN but direct connectivity seems to be dead?

Message 1 of 4
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC730 Direct connection

@RCABOB,

Welcome to the community!

Were you able to ping the WAC730 as well after a factory reset? 

Just to confirm, the default IP address you're accessing is 192.168.0.100, is that right? (For your reference, kindly check this installation guide)

Also, what's the LEDs of the access point and to double check, the PC is connected to the Ethernet port of the access point and not the console port, right?

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
RCABOB
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, No reply from ping. on factory IP. LEDs look normal. If I hook the unit up to my switch. It hits the Internet ok. Also the WIFI SSID factory is their and able to log into the WIFI and access the Internet. Just doesn't seem to talk with the AP configuration? No Ping, and no LOG in page?

Message 3 of 4
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @RCABOB,

I see, what's the IP address of the AP once it's connected to the switch?  

The AP should get an IP from your router so you can try checking the router's "Devices Connected" page and see if you can ping that.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements