Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4 connection not working

Monsta715
Aspirant

2.4 connection not working

We have a Nighthawk router and we have had a 2.4ghz and a 5G connection but all of a sudden the 2.4ghz is gone.
When we called support they are saying we need to pay $129.99 a YEAR to keep that connection.
Is this indeed correct? I have to pay for the router, my internet, the subscriptions for Ring cameras etc, AND a security update every single year?
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG router model do you have? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 8
Monsta715
Aspirant

I am not super internet savvy so please bare with me.
We have a Nighthawk C6300v2 but I do not know how to check the firmware.
We did the reset after receiving your response but have not done a factory reset. We don't know how to go about that.
And we called NG back 3 times because we kept getting hung up on, basically we are exactly one year out of our warranty and they won't help us without us paying for a new warranty. So this thread is our only hope really haha.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Can find the FW on the modems web page using a PC and web browser at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1

Can reset the modem by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release or using the ERASE button on the modems web page:

https://kb.netgear.com/24233/How-do-I-erase-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-router?articl...

Message 4 of 8
Monsta715
Aspirant

Did a factory reset and still no luck.
Firmware was v1.03.11
Message 5 of 8
Monsta715
Aspirant

Is this something you can still assist me with?
I've tried reseting the modem a second and third time but I'm not getting anything and I am unsure how to Uninstall the current firmware. I can't use any security cameras since this failure and I'm desperate for assistance
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you reset the modem and can not access the modems web page at 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, I would presume the modem is bad and needs to be replaced. 

Message 7 of 8
Monsta715
Aspirant

I can access the modems page, the factory reset just isn't returning the 2 4ghz. I'm sorry if I was unclear about that
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series