Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1750 C6300 Blinking internet light - upload & download both work - xfinity

swimwooly
Aspirant

AC1750 C6300 Blinking internet light - upload & download both work - xfinity

I bought a new cable Modem Router to go with my new xfinity internet service and I can't get it to connect to the internet.  All of the lights work with the exception of the internet light which flashes green. 

When I log into the router and go the the cable internet tab is just says connecting.  When I click on that tab is says no internet connection check RF connection.

I figured this must be an ISP problem so I called them and even though they can "see" the modem and talk with it they were not able to connect the internet.  The error thet they keep getting has somthing to do with a security setting? (As is was explained to me the modem is not talking to their system correctly but who knows)

After 4 different calls their final suggestion is to return the modem and get a new one.  I just have a feeling that isn't the issue here.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Griffscavern
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 C6300 Blinking internet light - upload & download both work - xfinity

Honestly, it sounds like it was an Xfinity issue with activation, not the gateway itself. I'm glad it started working for you. I'm pretty happy with mine so far. Just wish it had more features I could change. 😊

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Griffscavern
Aspirant

Hi swimwooly,

I just bought the same router and got Xfinity internet last Friday. All I had to do was connect it straight to the wall outlet, fire it up the activate through xfinity's activation process. It connected seamlessly. I've had an issue with a T3 ranging response timeout but never lost internet connection (only 1 of the upload channels, of 4, locked.) I just did a factory reset using the pin hole on the router and the issue went away. Other than that I've had no issues. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the modem and letting it reboot to see if that solves your issue?
Message 2 of 8
swimwooly
Aspirant

Hi Griffscavern,

I have tried to reset. Today I connected the modem directly to the line coming in the house and tried both the reset button and unplugging the device. (I tried the reset first)

Problem is exactly the same. The firmware is the latest release and I feel like I am running out of options. I feel like I must be missing something simple or the device is defective (which I believe is unlikely)

Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more info if you think it will help.

Message 3 of 8
Griffscavern
Aspirant

Swimwooly,

Have you tried another incoming line in your house? Maybe the wiring is bad. Mine connected with ease. I didn't have to do anything but connect the coaxial cable and, once it fired up, call Comcast to activate it. It has to be either a bad router or bad connection on Comcast's side. I'm sorry you're having such luck with this. I really love this modem. Great signal for all my wireless devices and wired alike. I hope you can get it sorted out.

Sincerely,
Griffscavern
Message 4 of 8
Griffscavern
Aspirant

One other thing. Are you using a splitter in between the router and the coaxial cable? If so try removing the splitter and see what happens. The issue I was having got resolved when I did that.
Message 5 of 8
Griffscavern
Aspirant

Disregard my last post. I see that you did connect straight to the wall. Can you log into your routers UI from a wireless device when the router is up and running to check your settings?
Message 6 of 8
swimwooly
Aspirant

Update:  I had been ignoring my modem/router all weekend in anticipation of having to return it today and go with a xfinity rental.  When I woke up and went downstairs the green blinking internet light was solid and the internet works great!

I am so confused as to what might have happened to make it work, I haven't touched it in two days.  If anyone knows why it works now, i'd love to know!

Message 7 of 8
Griffscavern
Aspirant

Honestly, it sounds like it was an Xfinity issue with activation, not the gateway itself. I'm glad it started working for you. I'm pretty happy with mine so far. Just wish it had more features I could change. 😊
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7