Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1750 Model C6300 WiFi connection

mpjjd
Aspirant

AC1750 Model C6300 WiFi connection

Just purchased the C6300 cable modem router and pretty much any time I try to connect a new device on WiFi, the WiFi connection drops for all connected devices and the modem has to be rebooted.  After rebooting, I can connect the new device and everything reconnects fine.  If I try to add another device after an hour or so, the same problem occurs.  I reboot the modem and I can connect again.  This has happened at least 5 times in 2 days, so it isn't a coincidence.  I am a Comcast customer and when this happens, the internet connection is not lost (so my ethernet connected devices continue to work).  It is a router issue.  I'm on firmware version 2.01.14.

I know there are a lot of reported similar issues, but I haven't seen a solution yet.  Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mpjjd

When you say make a connection are you meaning when a device that already knows the network powers on or when you connect a new device all together?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
mpjjd
Aspirant

When I connect a new device.  Once the first connection is made, reconnection is fine.

Message 3 of 9
shilfiker
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I recently purchased a Dell XPS and when I try to connect my laptop up to the modem the connections go dead.  I have to reset the modem and it will work for about an hour and do it again.  I have several other devices that are connected and it works fine but when I try to connect to the computer it drops everything?  What do we do?

Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Shilfker

Have you made sure you have the latest network drivers for that pc?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 9
shilfiker
Aspirant

Yes, I have

Message 6 of 9
Jimmieleede
Aspirant

I just purchased a C6300 and have the same connection issues as described in messages above. How do I resolve it?
Message 7 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to change the wireless channel? and is this happening on 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 9
shilfiker
Aspirant

Yes, I have tried both channels.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation